My blogging has slowed down quite a bit from the days I started. I've been busy with other projects, family, work, etc. I have plenty of excuses but lack of content isn't really one of them. Every week I collect many web links that I think I should share with my readers (and preserve for myself). I want to avoid the one line "Here is a great link" post entries but don't always find the time to write about the links content or attributes or how to add verbiage on what the link means to me. So I've decided to start a weekly (or as close to as I can get) post of my collected links. They will be a collection of links with very short descriptions for your surfing pleaser. So here is my first collection.
- Hand drawing of a woman - Flash animation showing an artist drawing a woman from scratch. Very amazing for a non-artist like myself.
- The Solar System - Web page with a scale representation of our solar system.
- Guardian Unlimited | Science | Fuel's paradise? Power source that turns physics on its head - Randell Mills, a Harvard University medic, claims to have discovered a new form of hydrogen that will supply nearly limitless energy. I'm a little skeptical.
- Slashdot | German IT Outfit Bans Whining
- A German company has made cheerfulness a job requirement. If
they did that at my work I'd probably be the first one fired.
- Damn Interesting » Blog Archive » The Phantom Time Hypothesis - Dr. Hans-Ulrich Niemitz claims that 297 years of our current calender were either a mistake or a lie.
- Price-Comparison Sites Strive to Save You Time and Money - A good review of several price comparison sites. Spoiler: PriceGrabber.com ranked #1.
- Relativity In 5 Minutes - Gal attempts to explain relativity in a 5 minute video.
- Visual Studio Express - until November 6, 2006 Microsoft is giving away the express versions of Visual Studio for free. If nothing else it is a nice C++ compiler.
- Visual Studio Launch: Visual Studio 2005 Starter Kits
- Why not pickup the VS starter kits while your at it.